Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rumble in the Rubies

The barriers and pylons are stacked and ready for placement in the parking corridor.
People can be seen washing their rides, polishing their chrome.
In the next few days, the roar of motorcycle engines will increase.
Vendors will be arriving with an abundance of wares.
Ranging from t-shirts to custom painted helmets,
funnel cakes to beer soaked bratwurst.
That can only mean one thing....
It's time for Rumble in the Rubies!

My sister and her hubby (Jess & Gus) will be there as their alter ego's Spinner & Mumbles to support Snake River Brothers Motorcycle Club of which they are members. Spinner will spend some of her time bouncing in front of the Silver Dollar Saloon. She's quite good at it, despite the fact that she's only 5'4". Not afraid to tell a huge, scary lookin' biker that he can't come in unless he show's her his I.D. and stand her ground when he argues with her. I guess being a mom prepared her for that! I have to remember to take my I.D. cuz even though she knows how old I am, she will make me follow the same rules.

We will need to polish my dad's Victory, charge the battery and make a "for sale" flyer for it. Gus will ride it down & park it in front of the Dollar and with any luck, someone will gasp and say "Beautiful bike man, I gotta have it!" Ka-khing!

We will walk around the corridor, checking out the wares. Maybe the man who paints using spray paint, paper plates, tin cans and protractors will be there again. Maybe we'll get there early enough to get commemorative pins, we missed out last year. Maybe we'll go to the free concert on Saturday night...both female tribute bands that I've heard are really good. Hell's Belles (AC/DC) and Zepperella (Zeppelin). The main concert, Friday night at the fairgrounds, will be LA Guns, Great White and Molly Hatchet. That one ya gotta pay for, so no, we won't be in attendance. Maybe we'll check out the BMX exhibition. We'll definetly get ourselves a funnel cake and Jeff will indulge himself with a deep-fried Twinkie.

I'll have a photo-filled blog after it's over. Note to self - buy new rechargable batteries!

4 comments:

  1. this sounds almost as big as cowboy poetry festival! have fun...M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz? Will you cart me around in a wagon? Can I have a deep fried twinkie??

    ReplyDelete
  3. *CRIES* I MISS THE JAMBOREES!!!!! WAAAAHAAAHAAAHAAAAAA!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm only 5'2", wasn't even asked to bounce, and spent all my time there with the kids! And I didn't eat any funnel cake!!! I didn't have that much fun at the RIRMJ at all this year.

    ReplyDelete