Monday, June 15, 2009

The World's Pickiest Eater

This is Jesse.
He's the son of my roomies Shauna & Jeff.
If you look in the dictionary for the
definition of "picky eater"
you will see his picture.

We bought this off the Internet a couple weeks ago after seeing the infomercial: It's the Express RediSetGo. And it came with a bunch of recipes. One of which was for personal pizzas. So yesterday I made the recipe for the pizza dough that was included.

Sure, I could have bought pre-made dough.

But I am trying to be more self-sufficient and stay away from processed, boxed foodstuff.

The recipe made 12 little balls of dough which could be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. I thought that if Jesse liked the first one, he would be able to make himself pizza for lunch during the week this summer.

I showed him how to roll out the dough and then he built himself his pizza.

The pizza was done in 7 minutes, the crust was perfect and was really yummy.

More important was that Jesse the Picky loved it! That brings the count up to 2 items that I cook that he will eat. #1 being stuffed chicken breasts.

This is the pizza that I made for myself...

Pepperoni, zucchini, crushed red pepper, Colby jack cheese (we forgot to by mozzarella) and Parmesan cheese.

YUM!

4 comments:

  1. I might need to invest in one of those! My oven won't get as high as it needs to be to bake pizza dough...and I'm really bummed out about it!

    Glad you found something else that Jesse will eat! Blaire will eat anything. Bri will eat anything with the exception of peas and milk. Unless it's in cereal. The milk, not the peas LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hate peas in cereal, too! Liz, you used to hide peas in your coveralls pocket. lizard, what is that box on your counter that says 'folgers'?? surely you grind beans to make coffee every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Momma, when I uploaded the pictures, something in my head told me that you'd catch that! They're actually coffee bags that Jeff takes camping with him. No instant coffee here, but I must be honest with you and let you know that we have no grinder or coffee beans.

    Steph, if Shauna would let him, Jesse would live on dominos and goldfish!

    And I hate peas in my cereal, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once upon a time, Jesse the Picky used to LOOOOOVVVEE my cheeseburgers. Now I am lucky to make myself one.
    I can also picture (once upon a time) a little bittly lizzy cramming peas into her coveralls. Actually, now I have the giggles, and I may go into labor. OOOOWWWCHCHHHH. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete