Sunday, May 17, 2009

Cake Pops & Cake Balls!

My sister Stephanie found the recipe for these cute little cake pops on Bakerella's blog http://bakerella.blogspot.com


My roommate Shauna and I bought the stuff to make these little bundles of sweetness weeks ago.
This morning I decided today was the day we would try our hands at Cake Pops and Cake Balls



The brown candy melts had a better consistency than the blue after melting. Our first attempts at dipping in the blue resulted in a gloppy mess. So Shauna put some of it into a baggie and used it to decorate the brown pops.


We used a cake mix with pudding in the mix. That was a mistake. After adding the frosting to the crumbled cake, it was just way too moist. I guess that's what baking is all about, huh? Learning as we go...

5 comments:

  1. oh wow! You and Shauna did a great job decorating those!! Love the blue on brown. Makes me want to make cake pops tonight!!! (almost) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like much more fun than the laundry I was doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. I love the tiny wrappers you used.

    ooooh and I'm ready for more random trivia tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you think you could mail some to california?M

    ReplyDelete