Friday, May 29, 2009

Things are popping out all over...

...well maybe not all over, but in my jiffy pots they are!



The 'greenhouse' has been living in the shed since I planted them.
Since I just planted them on Sunday I wasn't expecting anything.




I got a surprise when I lifted the lid off.
Look! Little green specks!




We have a couple of cucumbers sprouting.
And four of the basils are popping out, too!


What I really can't wait for is the zucchini. I see steamed zuch, fried zuch (yeah, I know, not healthy, but yummy), and zucchini bread.

LOTS of zucchini bread!

4 comments:

  1. MMmm yum! Looking good!

    And Zucchini Cakes. I made those and the girls loved them!

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/07/cooking-with-ryan-zucchini-cakes/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz, Didn't realize you had such a green thumb!! Makes me want to try it myself. I'm a vegeholic. I love veggies!! Been known to have green peas for breakfast. Irma

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhhhhh...aren't they cute?! M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Another good recipe to try is Stuffed Zuchini.
    Auntie

    ReplyDelete