Friday, May 8, 2009

Useless Trivial Information

I have a brain that stores mass quantities of useless information that will probably only serve me well if I was picked to be a contestant on Jeopardy. For instance, while playing Trivial Pursuit with the gang one evening, someone asked me the question "Who won the first gold medal in Women's Pole Vaulting at the 2000 Summer Olympics in Sydney?"

"Stacey Dragila!" I blurted out...

...I was right.

I won the game.

Ha!

So now I've decided that every Friday I will share with you some Useless Trivial Information.

In honor of the opening of the new Star Trek movie:

Chris Pine, who is playing a young James T. Kirk, is the son of character actor Richard Pine.

Most of you are probably saying "Richard Who?"

Richard Pine played Sgt. Getraer, Ponch and John's boss on CHiPs. Now I bet you're all saying "oh I remember him!"

Does anyone else hum the theme from CHiPs when they see Highway Patrol Officers? I do.

And speaking of humming theme songs...here's a funny little story:

A couple of years ago, my housemates son went to church with his Aunt & Uncle. When the acolytes (don't know if this is the proper term in LDS speak) walked up the aisle looking so serious, Jesse started humming, ever so quietly, the Imperial March from Star Wars! Too funny!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, when Jesse began to hum the Imperial March it was very hard not to laugh, and this was during Sacrement!

    ReplyDelete